Re: [Devel] Freetype2 patch on Mac

From: Garrick Meeker
Subject: Re: [Devel] Freetype2 patch on Mac
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:29:06 -0800

I've been playing with Steve's patch and it really is a thing of beauty.  All
I added was my function to open a face with an FSSpec and some const
keywords.  The benefits of Steve's code are that there are no dependencies on
data types or extensions (a dfont doesn't have to end in .dfont) and it
passes around resource file references instead of FSSpecs so there aren't a
bunch of opens and closes.  I've been testing multiple styles on OS X with
truetype, opentype, and LWFN fonts and I haven't yet run into problems.

If it works for you too I definitely think it should be checked in.