[Devel] new starter

From: cherry Jacky
Subject: [Devel] new starter
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:04:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi:
    This is my first time to post a message here.  If
I am in the wrong place please let me know.

    I downloaded freetype-2.1.4.tar.gz file and have
compiled it on the Solaris 8 machine.  By default it
compile the library on 32 bit.  My question is how can
I make it to compile for the Solaris-8 64 bit library?

    This is what I did when I compiled the 32 bits
library.
%cd freetype-2.1.4
%gmake (I did not specify arguments which creates
config.mk file)
%gmake

I have read the document UPGRADE.UNX.  On this
document it mentioned

%./configure --prefix=<yourprefix>
%gmake

where "<yourprefix>"  must be replaced  by the prefix
returned by the "freetype-config" command.
I can't find freetype-config anywhere in my
directories.  What arguments do I need to provide the
configure file in order to generate a 64 bits
config.mk?  I really appreciate your help.

Regards,

Jacky