Re: [Devel] src\lzw

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] src\lzw
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:37:33 +0200 (CEST)

> When the new module lzw was created, a new option was introduced. Great.
> However, this option is not honoured in the source :-(

Actually, it is, namely in src/lzw/ftlzw.c.

If FT_CONFIG_OPTION_USE_LZW isn't set, the function FT_Stream_OpenLZW
is replaced with a dummy which always returns
LZW_Err_Unimplemented_Feature.  Anyway, I've now patched ftlzw.c to
load zopen.h only if this macro is defined (zopen.c was already
handled this way).

> Since I am not the owner of this, and furthermore I am right now
> unable to compile it without investigating some hours (as it is, it
> is BSDlike-specific), I am reluctant to apply my patch directly to
> the CVS tree. So please test it on your boxes.

Your patch is not necessary, I think.  Please try the CVS again.

> I know the correct solution for my problem is to replace zopen.[ch]
> with the equivalent code from gzip/unlzw.[ch], which (present)
> license is Freetype-compatible, and is as far as I know pretty
> portable ;-). Or from the original compress. But this is not a
> 5-minute job...

It would be great if you can find time to do that.