[Devel] bug in freetype or in Xfree/X ?

From: Axel
Subject: [Devel] bug in freetype or in Xfree/X ?
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:34:43 +0200

Hello
I m truying to build xfree 4.4 on a ppc based computer (an Apple ibook G4).
Building is ok, but installation uses mkfontscale for installing fonts and crash while trying to use mkfontscale in a Typ1 fonts directory.

I think I have pointed out where the problem is :

At line 1024 of mkfontscale.c while calling FT_Get_Name_Index(face,n).

n parameter value is "space" when it crashed. I didn't checked all values of data in the struct named "face" but family name is "Utopia" when it crashed.

So, is it a bug of xfree or in freetype, I don't know. I mail just in case you
are aware of this problem.
I could post all values of the struct if needed.