Re: [Devel] Memory problem when freeing cache nodes...

From: Stephen Perry
Subject: Re: [Devel] Memory problem when freeing cache nodes...
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:59:04 +0100

Hi, me again :-)

In my previous email I mentioned a problem with FTC_Manager_FlushN() and suggested a potential fix. I've been running with it for a while now and haven't received any better suggestions but it seems to be working OK.

With the fix in place I'm now hitting another problem far more frequently (this problem was also present before my change to FTC_Manager_FlushN()). The problem is that my face requester callback is called with a face ID that has already been freed (in my case it's 0x69696969). This appears to happen because the call to ftc_snode_load() from FTC_SNode_New() has failed resulting in a call to FTC_SNode_Free(). This results in a call to FTC_GNode_UnselectFamily() which if the reference count becomes zero frees the family node. Unfortunately the freed family node is still referenced from the FTC_GQuery passed to FTC_SNode_New() and this appears to ultimately get passed through to the face requester callback.

Unlike with the previous problem I don't really know what the correct solution is here. FWIW both of theses problems are present in 2.1.8 and current unstable code as well. Does anyone have a better of what shoud be happening?

Many thanks,

steve.

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
email address@hidden, and delete the message. Thank you."