Re: [Devel] Helvetica 75 Bold does not work with TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECO

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Helvetica 75 Bold does not work with TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:41:41 +0200 (CEST)

> In current CVS version (also in 2.1.8, don't know if it worked
> anytime before) after opening font HLB_____.TTF (size 50400)
> function FT_Set_Char_Size returns 0x81 = Too_Few_Arguments in
> decoding of WCvtF instruction (it needs 2 values on stack, there is
> only 1 value).  [...]
>
> Is it possible to implement fallback to non interpreter way if
> problem of this kind is found?

There is the following code in ttinterp.c around line 605:

  /* XXX: We reserve a little more elements on the stack to deal safely */
  /*      with broken fonts like arialbs, courbs, timesbs, etc.         */
  tmp = exec->stackSize;
  error = Update_Max( exec->memory,
                      &tmp,
                      sizeof ( FT_F26Dot6 ),
                      (void**)&exec->stack,
                      maxp->maxStackElements + 32 );
                                               ^^
Please try to increase this value and tell us whether it solves your
problem.

    Werner

PS: Please send me the font for reference.