[Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8

From: Mateus Gröess
Subject: [Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:29:04 -0200

Hi,

I am having problems with "Monospace" and "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono"
capital letters at size of 8 points after upgraded to X.org 6.8.1 of
Slackware-current. I was running X-Free86 4.3.0 with freetype-2.1.7
without similar problems. Using 9 or higher sizes the problem doesn't
occur. X.org 6.8.1 came with freetype-2.1.9, so I installed the
current freetype2 cvs, but the problem was not corrected. I have
compiled freetype2 CVS with and without
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER defined. freetype-2.1.7 was
tested only without TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER defined. The
images with each tested configuration of freetype are here:

http://www.mateuscg.pop.com.br/test-freetype-2.1.7.png
http://www.mateuscg.pop.com.br/test-freetype-cvs-bytecode.png
http://www.mateuscg.pop.com.br/test-freetype-cvs-without_bytecode.png

Below is the output of xdpyinfo. Do you need something else? It's the
first mail I'm sending to freetype-devel...

PS: Sorry if you have received more copies of this message. I have
sent it three times before, but it hasn't showed in maillist archives.
First I thought that I need to do the subscription before sending.
After that I tested with another provider. Now I have uploaded the
imagens to a server then put only links in the message.

Regards,

Mateus César Gröess

$ xdpyinfo
name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    60801000
X.Org version: 6.8.1
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
  depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
  depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
  depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
  depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
  depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
  depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
  depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x2c00009, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    28
  BIG-REQUESTS
  DAMAGE
  DOUBLE-BUFFER
  DPMS
  Extended-Visual-Information
  GLX
  LBX
  MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
  MIT-SHM
  MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
  RANDR
  RENDER
  SECURITY
  SGI-GLX
  SHAPE
  SYNC
  TOG-CUP
  X-Resource
  XC-APPGROUP
  XC-MISC
  XFIXES
  XFree86-Bigfont
  XFree86-Misc
  XFree86-VidModeExtension
  XInputExtension
  XKEYBOARD
  XTEST
  XVideo
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
dimensions:    800x600 pixels (283x212 millimeters)
resolution:    72x72 dots per inch
depths (7):    16, 1, 4, 8, 15, 24, 32
root window id:    0x3f
depth of root window:    16 planes
number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
default colormap:    0x20
default number of colormap cells:    64
preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 65535
largest cursor:    800x600
current input event mask:    0xfa2033
  KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           EnterWindowMask
  LeaveWindowMask          ButtonMotionMask         StructureNotifyMask
  SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask FocusChangeMask
  PropertyChangeMask       ColormapChangeMask
number of visuals:    8
default visual id:  0x23
visual:
  visual id:    0x23
  class:    TrueColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x24
  class:    TrueColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x25
  class:    TrueColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x26
  class:    TrueColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x27
  class:    DirectColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x28
  class:    DirectColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x29
  class:    DirectColor
  depth:    16 planes
  available colormap entries:    64 per subfield
  red, green, blue masks:    0xf800, 0x7e0, 0x1f
  significant bits in color specification:    6 bits
visual:
  visual id:    0x2a