RE: [ft-devel] gcc 3.3 `fixes'

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] gcc 3.3 `fixes'
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:33:25 +0100

Hi Werner,

> David,
>

> I'm not sure whether your fixes for gcc 3.3 are the right ones.  If
> you say `make devel', the option `-fno-strict-aliasing' is explicitly
> set to avoid those warnings.  Isn't that sufficient?

Well, I use 'jam', not make, and set the optimization flags by hand.
I only use "-W -Wall -ansi", which is why I didn't spot the problem
(I was missing the -pedantic flag :-)

Maybe we'd better come back to the previous code then, I think I'll get
used to putting '-fno-strict-aliasing' in my OPTIM variable.

Could you do that ?

- David