Re: [ft-devel] Structure Viewer for TTF files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Structure Viewer for TTF files
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:19:59 +0200 (CEST)

> Would it be horrible of me to ask if someone could look at this
> screen shot and tell me if the template results look reasonable?  I
> don't expect anyone to directly check it against the binary data,
> but there are a few things about it that concern me.

The point coordinates are not correct.  See below what ttx returns for
the first glyph in the `glyf' glyph (I actually checked the binary
values so it should be the same).

You might have a look at the FreeType function `TT_Load_Simple_Glyph'
in src/truetype/ttgload.c to see how the data in the `glyf' table
should be handled.  I'm not sure whether your editor's template
mechanism is powerful enough to extract the glyph coordinates
depending on both the compressedFlag values and the coordinates of
previous points.

  <TTGlyph name=".notdef" xMin="256" yMin="0" xMax="1280" yMax="1280">
    <contour>
      <pt x="256" y="0" on="1"/>
      <pt x="256" y="1280" on="1"/>
      <pt x="1280" y="1280" on="1"/>