Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?

From: Chia I Wu
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 16:01:59 +0800

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 03:47:49PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > This patch fixes some bugs in FT_Bitmap_Embolden.
>
> Applied, thanks.  I think there is still a bug for graymap fonts.
> Have a look at the attached test glyph.  Emboldening produces a
> strange result.
This is introduced by the last patch :(

I've dirty hacked ftview for testing bitmap emboldening of various
pixel_mode.  You can find the hack in the attachments.

For testing, launch ftview with outline font and press 'c' to disable
cache first.  Then you can use 'l' to switch between normal/emboldened
mode, and 'L' to rotate between LCD modes.  I hope this would help bug
hunting the bitmap emboldening algorithm (and help me not send buggy
patches).

Anyway, here's the changelog:

ft2-bitmap-embolden-fix2.patch
* src/base/ftbitmap.c (FT_Bitmap_Embolden): Fix emboldening bitmap of
mode FT_PIXEL_MODE_GRAY.  Also add support for mode FT_PIXEL_MODE_LCD
and FT_PIXEL_MODE_LCD_V.
(ft_bitmap_assure_buffer): FT_PIXEL_MODE_LCD and FT_PIXEL_MODE_LCD_V
should have ppb (pixel per byte) 1.
Zero the padding when there's no need to allocate memory.

ft2-ftsynth-advance.patch
* src/base/ftsynth.c (FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden): Modify slot->advance
accordingly.

olv