RE: [ft-devel] Porting FreeType on different platform

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Porting FreeType on different platform
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:48:46 +0200

Hello,

See docs/CUSTOMIZE. You need to provide an alternative
version of ftsystem.c in order to not use the standard C library
routines like malloc/realloc/free or fopen/fread/fseek/fpos.

note that it's a good idea to take advantage of memory-mapped
files, since they provide better performance and reduced heap
usage when processed by FT2. For an example, see the unix-specific
file in builds/unix/ftsystem.c.

FT2 also uses some C library functions (e.g. memcpy) and header
files (e.g. stddef.h, limits.h) that are likely to be available
on any embedded system (even if those do not provide a complete
C runtime libraryà. If this is not the case for you, check the
file in "include/freetype/config/ftstdlib.h" and change it
accordingly.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner