Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:38:01 +0100

Jeremy Messenger wrote:
<snipped>
I have played with it more to find a good way to reproduce it. Well, kind of. Download crash.txt, then view in Firefox (maybe works for Mozilla too). Be sure to save anything before you play with crash.txt, because it will kill X.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/crash.txt

To reproduce crash in Firefox:

1) Run Firefox (keep in mind, everything option is default)
2) Open crash.txt
3) Go to menu, 'View -> Character Encoding -> More Encodings -> Unicode' and select any in there. After you selected, then do it again but select different Unicode like more than three times. Sometime it would crash X in two changes.

Tried all of them unicode (7-8 of them?) with mozilla-xft and my X-server
just won't crash...

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com