Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: xorg crashes with freetype2-2.1.10
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:39:06 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Here is the backtrace. It looks the same as the initial report
though.

Thanks.  This assures that it is the same bug, and not a different
one.  I think that David Turner is back from vacation soon, and
hopefully Keith Packard too.  Let's wait what they have to say.

I'm still heavily involved in updating my CJK package for TeXLive, so
don't expect any further actions right now.

The "sbit" part remains me of the earlier two-line patch which adds
back two function pointers which David Turner removed between 2.1.9 and
2.1.10. Then the call stack going funny - most probably
FT_Do_SBit_Metrics () in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.so
is trying to call one of those two function pointers. The main question
is why David did it and/or what is the recommended change in Xorg.

#7  <signal handler called>
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#9 0x401a9f66 in FT_Do_SBit_Metrics () from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.so

___________________________________________________________ To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com