RE: [ft-devel] Is there an easy way to figure out which module a functio

From: George Williams
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Is there an easy way to figure out which module a function or declaration is in?
Date: 19 Oct 2005 17:03:48 -0700

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 16:38, Fujinaka, Todd wrote:
>> I've been looking at the API Reference and I can't tell if there's
> >> an easy way of looking at the structures being used and matching
> >> them up with freetype modules.
> Well, besides trying to get freetype2 into LSB Desktop, I'm trying to
> understand the structure of freetype2. Please correct me if I'm wrong,
> but do you mean that there are parent functions that call the specific
> module functions when passed the proper identifying parameter?
Well if you call FT_New_Face it wanders around and figures out what type
of file you are passing it and then calls the routines for loading that
file.

Thereafter any call to rasterize a glyph, etc. will call the correct
routine for that face.

Freetype will even synthesize structures that don't exist (like cmap
entries for type1 fonts) in an effort to use the same data structures.

Sort of like virtual functions.

So, yes, almost all the exported structures apply to almost all the
modules.

Now if you look at the internal data structures, they can be highly
module specific, but they aren't part of the API. And David doesn't want
anyone to look at them.

Is that what you are asking or have I misunderstood?