Re: [ft-devel] Problem with Type 42 incremental downloading font

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problem with Type 42 incremental downloading font
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:50:27 +0900

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:10:20 -0500
"Taek Kwan(TK) Lee" <address@hidden> wrote:

>I accidentally press send button with unfinished docuemnt a while ago.
>This one is the finished one. Please ignore the other one.
>
>In case of Type 42 Incremental downloading, 'glyf' and 'loca' table do
>not present in the font data by Adobe specification. However, by
>setting parameter and providing incremental interface, Freetype should
>be able to print it.

I think this issue is same with glyf->glyx, loca->locx issue:
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2002-07/msg00022.html

At present, Type42 font handler of FreeType is designed to
load persistent Type42 font object from file or memory, I
guess. FreeType is intended to support dynamically updated
font object in memory?

And, the incremental downloaded Type42 font object only I
know is in PostScript printing data: especially that generated
for Distiller. I agree, if FreeType can supporting incremental
is good idea, but what application uses it?