[ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?

From: bulia byak
Subject: [ft-devel] ft-smooth for 2.1.10?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:47:35 -0400

For years I've been running FT with David Chester's patches for
smoothness. (BTW I'm really baffled that this has never made it to FT,
even as an option, but I'll leave that for now.)

Recently I had to upgrade to 2.1.10 because the previous version froze
on some PFB fonts. Unfortunately
http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dchest/xfthack/ft-smooth-cvs.diff no longer
applies, and that page was not updated since 2003.

So, I'm sending this to both David and the FT list as a plea for help:
Is there a config option, or patch, or anything else that would give
me the same rendering in 2.1.10 as before with David's patch? I would
really appreciate any pointers. The default rendering is really ugly,
especially for some fonts and for Cyrillic texts.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.