[ft-devel] Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: George Williams
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: 17 Dec 2005 18:53:20 -0800

Drat.
PCF fonts include the "FONT" keyword and value in the list of
properties. Strictly speaking "FONT" is not a bdf property (it comes
outside of the STARTPROPERTIES list) -- however to do round trip
conversion it is necessary.

The value is available internally as face->bdffont->name, but I don't
see any API to get this.

I see three possibilities:
  * Add an API to retrieve face->bdffont->name
  * Add this to the property list on parsing
        Will make the BDF properties match the PCF ones, but would be
        incompatible with existing code
  * Change my new iterator so that it manufactures a fake entry for
        FONT