Re: [ft-devel] web page for the forthcoming 2.2.0 release

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] web page for the forthcoming 2.2.0 release
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:05:30 +0100 (CET)

[discussion continued on freetype-devel only]

> A new version which makes such a radical change should bump up the
> shared object version (.so.N).

Where's the `radical change'?

> That way we'll allow a transition period for applications to update.

This has been discussed recently on the FreeType list, and the
consensus seems to be that it is better to fix the applications than
to increase the DLL version to avoid even more problems.

David, what about adding some words to freetype-2.2.0.html?  Since you
apparently still don't have access to freetype.freedesktop.org please
send me a patch which I can apply.