[ft-devel] Re: [ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter

From: David Turner
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Glyph hinting problem with TT hinter
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:10:29 +0200

Sergey Tolstov a écrit :

>I just heard that Adobe uses its own rendering engine. It should be true for
>PDFs at least. Do they provide PDF Software on Unix? Apparently text rendering
>should be included.

I believe their font engine is called "CoolType", but that it doesn't
include a bytecode interpreter to hint TrueType fonts.
Regarding their applications, I believe they're capable of using either
the host rendering engine or CoolType, depending
on rendering mode and user preferences.

Moreover, even if CoolType includes a bytecode interpreter, it could be
one from Apple or MS which still exhibits
the rounding bug.

In other words, the fact that Illustrator displays the glyph fine
doesn't mean a lot to us.

Regards,

- David Turner