Re: [ft-devel] Urdu Edit Control

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Urdu Edit Control
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:06:11 +0900

Hi

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:36:17 -0700 (PDT)
Sher Ali Asad <address@hidden> wrote:

>can anyone help me building an URDU edit control using
>font library

I'm not sure what is "URDU edit control" you want to build,
but I think, FreeType2 does not support OpenType text layout
feature to support Arabic script. Although there are some
technologies to display Arabic text without OpenType, editing
some text is difficult.

I recommend you to check Qt (ah, free Qt is only for X11.
no Win32, no MacOS), or GTK2 libraries. I think their text
widget is already capable to edit Arabic script (although
I'm not sure if special features for Urdu is required).

Regards,
mpsuzuki