[ft-devel] freetype library performance

From: Ivan Tarapov
Subject: [ft-devel] freetype library performance
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:06:58 +0300

Hello,

I am involved in a project that uses FLTK+microwindows on a linux-based system. We use freetype 2.2.1 for rendering of ttf fonts. When I finally managed to plug ttf fonts in some way, so that they would be drawn by the application, we have noticed that the performance of the application decreased by almost 50%.

Using built in Linux fonts makes the application work faster. Does anybody have any idea, why such slowdown happens? Maybe there’re some tunable parameters in freetype library that can influence this?

Sincerely,

Ivan