[ft-devel] Playing with FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING

From: Ismail Donmez
Subject: [ft-devel] Playing with FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:18:31 +0300

Hi David et. al.,

I played with FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING today. I installed latest
freetype from CVS with FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING enabled. And I
tested libXft + your lcd rendering patch and libXft + newest freetype with
FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING on.

And with the latter I get very poor results compared to the " libXft + your
lcd rendering patch " combination. So I wonder if libXft should be modified
to take advantage of FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SUBPIXEL_RENDERING or freetype does not
yet enable it?

Sorry if it this code not meant to be tested yet, in that case please ignore
this mail.

Regards,
ismail

deserve neither liberty nor safety.