Re: [ft-devel] FT_MODULE_CLASS to check font type (e.g. TrueType, Type1,

From: Richard Michael
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_MODULE_CLASS to check font type (e.g. TrueType, Type1, etc.)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:10:54 -0500

Hello Werner,

Thanks for your reply.

> Hmm, we have been told that inkscape 0.44 and higher no longer use
> FreeType internals.  Have you seen this page?
>
>   http://freetype.freedesktop.org/freetype2/patches/rogue-patches.html
>
> it provides a patch for 0.43.

Yes, I have seen that page, it's where I read the patch for pango that
dealt with a similiar issue.  The only file patched in the inkscape tree
is src/libnrtype/FontInstance.cpp; the code I'm trying to fix is in
src/extension/internal/ps.cpp (and is the only place in the inkscape
source that FT_MODULE_CLASS remains).

> The proper function to do that is FT_Get_X11_Font_Format.  It will have
> proper documentation in the next release.

Thank you, I probably wouldn't have found this function without your
help; I'll take a look at it.

Regards,
Richard