[ft-devel] Re: [ft] Font family/style name issue (for msgothic shipped w

From: Adam Twardoch
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Font family/style name issue (for msgothic shipped with vista).
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:49:07 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
 case TT_MS_ID_UCS_4:   //should be renamed
The `UCS_4' is used in the OpenType specification for describing the
(3,10) cmap.
That is correct. In this context, UCS-4 means that the 3.10 cmap and name table entries contain mapping and naming information when a font includes non-BMP characters, but this does not mean that the name strings themselves are encoded in UCS-4. I agree that it's a little confusing.

--

Adam Twardoch