Re: [ft-devel] Mac install instructions don't seem to exist

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Mac install instructions don't seem to exist
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:39:55 -0500

On 2006-12-05 21:31, David Turner said:

>do you mean that the standard Unix installation instructions
>do not work, or simply that you would like an explicit mention
>of Mac OS X ?

The latter.  Mostly because of this in INSTALL.UNIX:

    The FreeType build system  _exclusively_ works with GNU Make.  You
    will  not be  able to  compile the  library with  the instructions
    below using any other alternative (including BSD Make).

As Mac OS X is BSD-based, it made me worried.  I have no idea what
version of 'make' I have.  Whatever comes with Xcode seems to work though.

(An aside: I didn't realise I was posting to this list, I was
'submitting a bug report' using the email address in README, not asking
for community help.)

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden