[ft-devel] Bug in SHZ instruction?

From: George Williams
Subject: [ft-devel] Bug in SHZ instruction?
Date: 19 Jan 2007 17:16:25 -0800

I believe there is a bug in the SHZ instruction.
I believe SHZ should not move the phantom points in the zone.

The attached font contains one interesting glyph "~" and lots of glyphs
which are vertical bars and are included to show spacing.

The interesting glyph moves the zone by 4 pixels. In freetype this
increases the advance width of the glyph. On the mac (with it's native
rasterizer) the advance width is not increased.

The example images were taken with a 9ppem rasterization.
   ftstring -m "A~A" 9 Untitled1.ttf

The attached patch fixes the problem I see...