[ft-devel] FT_Set_Charmap and unicode charmap

From: Pierre
Subject: [ft-devel] FT_Set_Charmap and unicode charmap
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:23:27 +0100

Hi,

Trying to debug a bug in libgd, I found something that sounds like a
bug. When I set the charmap using FT_Set_Charmap with the unicode
charmap,  FT_Get_Char_Index fails to find the correct glyph (returns
0).

If I leave the default charmap (line 98), the correct glyph is returned:

(outout from the code)
codepoint: 1D161
glyph_index: 1399 (1D161)
ft_fc idx: 0

I try to display the musical symbols (1D100–1D1FF) but the same
applies to other high range codepoints.

You can find the source and fonts here:

http://blog.thepimp.net/misc/ft2/testft.c
http://blog.thepimp.net/misc/ft2/code2001.ttf

I use ft2demo code as base to be sure to do not introduce unrelated
"problems" from the gd code base.

Is it expected? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
--Pierre