Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes i

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Minor misc patches to freetype cvs, from custom changes in vtk
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:56:33 +0900

Dear Sir,

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:49:08 -0400
"Sean McBride" <address@hidden> wrote:
> There are a few changes the VTK people and I made and I am submitting a
> patch to this email for your consideration.  The patch is against today's CVS.

Thank you for writing patch for Intel Mac
in 64bit ABIs.

> 1) builds/unix/ftconfig.in
>  - minor Mac fix, test against __LP64__ not __ppc64__.  There are also
> 64 bit Intel CPUs.

Thank you for notice 64bit API in Intel Mac,
yet I don't have that.

#if __LP64__
#endif

might be simpler, how do you think?

> 2) builds/unix/ftsystem.c
>  - fix compiler warning about 64 to 32 bit conversion.  Also make sure
> file is not so big that the cast to 32 bit will lose data.  A better fix
> would be to make 'stat_buf.st_size' a ssize_t, I didn't try that because
> it may have wider implications.  But this patch is better than nothing.

As you write, the issue caused by ssize_t (of st_size)
vs unsigned long (of FT_Stream->size) should be checked
in detail, please wait. However, your quick looks good
as temporal solution.

> 3) include/freetype/config/ftstdlib.h
>  - fix compiler warning

I think include/freetype/config/ftconfig.in is
the right place of compiler-specific configuration.
Unfortunately, my SGI IRIXs don't have official
MIPS C compilers (so I cannot reproduce the issue),
could you transplant the hook to ftconfig.in?

Regards,
mpsuzuki