[ft-devel] Re: [ft] Vertical metrics and BearingX

From: Brady Duga
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Vertical metrics and BearingX
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:05:01 -0700

On Mar 23, 2007, at 1:05 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

In FreeType, for CFF, `bearingX' is always the negative half of the
bbox width in vertical layout mode (this is probably a bad idea...)

Ah-ha! So, my parenthetical comment was correct - I just don't understand how bearingX works. :) OK, I will give horiAdvance a go. Though, it might be a good idea to include this information in the FreeType docs. I will report back to the list with any success (or failure).

--Brady