Re: [ft-devel] freetype utils - how do I compile them?

From: ajaxas
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype utils - how do I compile them?
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 10:24:04 +0700

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 13:08:49 +0200 (CEST)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Sorry about this stupid question, but I certainly remember me using
> > ftview on my old machine with OpenSUSE. But now, using Ubuntu 7.04 I
> > can't find it anywhere.
>
> In case you can't find it, check out the `ft2demos' CVS module.

Oh wow. First I can't install them through standard routines, then ftview tells
me:

could not find/open any font file
  error = 0x0001

and after all of this it doesn't understand unicode?

There's a problem with rendering glyphs 'T' (Latin and Cyrillic as well)  and
'I' for winfonts: left and right arms of horizontal strokes are not equal, see
the attached image. It's 'Tahoma', for 'Lucida Sans' the effect is opposite.
Open source 'Sans' is okay.

Another problem (Cyrillic 'ะด' missed a stroke) seems to be fixed somewhere in
the CVS.

You can use me as much as you want if there's anything I missed.

System: Ubuntu 7.04
Kernel: 2.6.22.1 (vanilla)
libc:   libc-2.5
gcc:    4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)
ld:     2.17.50 20070103 Ubuntu
as:     2.17.50 20070103 Ubuntu

Video card:   NVidia GF-7300GT 256MB
Video driver: NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.09-pkg1

freetrype2 and ft2demos from CVS.

--
ajaxas <address@hidden>