Re: [ft-devel] freetype opengl texture

From: zill
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype opengl texture
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:18:19 -0700 (PDT)

I see what you mean.  I checked the definition and I definitely need to use
the buffer of the bitmap so I changed my code to
&ft_face->glyph->bitmap.buffer, but I'm still getting a plain white square.
The good thing is that I think something is happening because when I set the
size to 64, 64 it is still staying a 16*16 white square.  So, something is
being stored in the texture, just not what I want.  That leads me to believe
that it could just be the fact that it is a gray scale image and I might not
be using the right glTexImage2D() parameters.  Here is what I'm using:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, 1, 64, 64, 0, GL_ALPHA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,
&ft_face->glyph->bitmap.buffer);

anyone have any suggestions?