Re: [ft-devel] FreeType2 2.3.5 Visual Studio Solution Warnings

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType2 2.3.5 Visual Studio Solution Warnings
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:47:14 +0100 (CET)

> In the distribution that I downloaded,

Aah!  Which one, downloaded from where?

> I see the following two lines commented out (along with a
> description along the lines of what you are suggesting):
>
> /* #define  FT_EXPORT(x)       extern x */
> /* #define  FT_EXPORT_DEF(x)   x */
>
> Later in the same file (ftoption.h) I see FT_EXPORT defined as follows:
>
> #define FT_EXPORT(x)    FREETYPE2_DLL_IMPEXP x
> #define FT_BASE(x)      FREETYPE2_DLL_IMPEXP x
>
> I never see FT_EXPORT_DEF defined.

You have to look into both ftconfig.h and ftoption.h.  It seems that
the port isn't completely done, probably without having a DLL in mind.
In case you can fix that, please report it to the maintainers of the
port so that will be corrected eventually.

> Is FT_BASE something that I need to change?

No, since those functions are not publicly exported.