[ft-devel] What is FT_Library?

From: Yves Goergen
Subject: [ft-devel] What is FT_Library?
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:27:29 +0100

Hi,

I was just trying to use the FreeType library in a C# application, with
Visual Studio 2005. I have downloaded the freetype6.dll file from the
indicated website and thought that by reading the header files (*.h) I
could create an API class to use FreeType from C# (.NET) applications.
But that's not that easy. the first function that I found is
FT_New_Face(). Its first argument is of type FT_Library - which is never
defined! Okay, it is defined as something else which in turn is never
defined. I have also found a Visual Studio Project file that I could
open with my VS, but it also just plain said it doesn't know what that
thing is. (It can resolve other types though.)

I assume that it's just an integer or something, but I need the exact
type and type size for .NET interop to work correctly. Can somebody
please tell me where I can find this (and possibly other hidden) type
definitions in the source code?

Or is there already a C# interop class available? I haven't found one,
so I thought I'll make my own. It doesn't need to be complete (for my
needs), my first goal is to create a font browser application that can -
different from what is available - display demo texts with fonts that
are not installed in the system but only lying in a directory on disk.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <address@hidden>