Re: [ft-devel] Type42 handling

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Type42 handling
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:06:23 +0900

Hi,

Sorry for 1 week latency.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:12:14 -0600 (CST)
Huver <address@hidden> wrote:
>But please, do not restrict FT operations on a T42 font to what Adeobe
>thinks its PS RIP should be -- a PS RIP doesn't ever compose text, so
>it can't care any less about kerning info, but FT lib clients almost
>always do.

I don't know any systems handling Type42 font
except of Adobe products, 3rd party products
designed to be Adobe-compatible, or designed
to interoperate with Adobe products.

Your comment looks like as if there is a system
handling "Type42 font" but no care about Adobe
TechNote #5012. I'm afraid the system uses
PostScript-like syntax but TrueType-derived font
resource in it is NOT Type42. I guess what you
need is a PostScript syntax parser, not Type42
font driver. Please let me know the systems in your
mind, with concrete example. What I want to say
to you is not refusal, but appropriate solution
to your request.

Regards,
mpsuzuki