Re: [ft-devel] Prob with freetype-2.2.1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Prob with freetype-2.2.1
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:19:41 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for answering so late -- I missed your email in my inbox
folder.

> Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Can't compile - error
> while running make -
>
> In file included from
> /tmp/rrdbuild/freetype-2.2.1/src/gzip/ftgzip.c:45:
> /tmp/rrdbuild/lb/include/zlib.h:1183: error: parse error before
> 'gzseek'
>
> I tried reinstalling zlib several times - no errors on
> configure/make test/make install.
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     system        66188 Mar 27 12:38
> /tmp/rrdbuild/lb/includ
> e/zlib.h
>
> System is AIX 5.3.0

I think similar problems have been discussed already on this email
list (or the freetype list) -- please look up the archives.

IIRC, it's a configuration problem, and zconf.h (which is read by
zlib.h) doesn't define `z_off_t' properly or isn't installed at all.

If everything fails you might use the --without-zlib option of the
`configure' script so that FreeType's internal version of zlib gets
used.