Re: [ft-devel] TrueType font that is not loaded by freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] TrueType font that is not loaded by freetype
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:15:12 +0200 (CEST)

> May 17 10:55:41 m2c ATSServer: Serious problems were found in font
> data in file "/Users/chris/Desktop/font.ttf".
> May 17 10:55:41 m2c ATSServer: This font won't be available for use.
>
> Just for the record, that's what OSX 10.4.11 says if I try to open
> font.ttf.

Thanks, I've suspected that.  However, don't forget that such a font
doesn't occur stand-alone -- the error might be due to missing TTF
tables which aren't necessary within a PDF.

It would be rather interesting to know how a PDF document containing
this font is handled with the Mac's native PDF viewer...