Re: [ft-devel] Type 1C font that is not rendered correctly

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Type 1C font that is not rendered correctly
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:42:14 +0200 (CEST)

> I'm attaching the font, it's used by vodaphone mobile company in
> some countries.

This font is buggy.  I assume that you've taken it out of a PDF file,
and Acroread is displaying it fine, right?  After this confirmation I
can add a hack to make it work OK.

> As example, if you open it with ftview you'll see the 4 has the
> inner hole filled, fontforge seems to render it correctly in it's
> preview window.

It parses the font differently -- on the other hand, due to this
different parsing, the glyphs displayed incorrectly in FreeType have a
wrong advance width in FontForge.