Re: [ft-devel] Compiling ft2demos 2.3.7 on OSX 10.5.4

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Compiling ft2demos 2.3.7 on OSX 10.5.4
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 02:52:02 +0900

Sorry for your inconvenience.

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:30:05 -0600
Mark Leisher <address@hidden> wrote:

>Sean McBride wrote:
>> Sounds like you are not linking against CoreServices.framework.  Adding
>> "-framework CoreServices" to the linker flags would fix that.  Not sure
>> if it's something that should be happening automatically, but probably.
>>

>Yep. It also requires -framework ApplicationServices. A patch coming in
>the next couple of days. Unless someone beats me to it.

As ft2demos/README tells, ft2demos package is primarily
designed to be built at the neighborhood of FreeType2
library building tree. When FreeType2 is configured,
the appropriate linker flags (in this case,
"-Wl,-framework,CoreServices -Wl,-framework,ApplicationServices")
are stored in unix-cc.mk, freetype2.pc, and freetype-config.

I guess you built ft2demos with preinstalled FreeType2
and ft2demos makefile cannot set appropriate linker flags.
If you're building ft2demos at the neighborhood of FreeType2
building tree, please check the libfreetype.dylib is
really what you built,  and check the outputs of

        sh ./builds/unix/freetype-config --libs

Regards,
mpsuzuki