Re: [ft-devel] memory leak

From: Emmanuel BOUAZIZ
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] memory leak
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 12:22:13 +0200

Dear Werner,

thank you for your answer.

I tested the `fttimer' program on my target and there was no memory leak. So I looked for any difference on how I proceeded in my program and it turned out that the only difference was :

fttimer calls FT_Done_Glyph() twice on each FT_Glyph object : a first time in ConvertRaster() just after FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap(), and a second time at the end of the while() loop with the comment "/* Now free all loaded outlines */"

I did the same in my program and it worked, I don't have memory leaks reported anymore, so thank you for the hint :)

Anyway, I don't understand why FT_Done_Glyph() has to be called twice on each FT_Glyph object.

regards,
Emmanuel.

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
and it happens when I add the FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap() step, mono mode
or normal mode does not change anything.

As a guide, you might try the `fttimer' text-only test program which
uses FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap(), and which doesn't exhibit memory leaks.