Re: [ft-devel] plan to support sfnt-wrapped CID-keyed font

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] plan to support sfnt-wrapped CID-keyed font
Date: 29 Aug 2008 19:35:09 -0700

On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 04:23, address@hidden wrote:
> Also, I introduced a boolean "is_sfnt_ps" to avoid the
> installation of bytecode interpreter for sfnt-wrapped
> CID-keyed fonts. Maybe it is NOT essential.
Note that there are also sfnt wrapped type1 fonts which also use the
"typ1" version. They have a "TYP1" table rather than a "CID " table and
that table contains a bare type1 font.

> Thus, I added 2 booleans to check if table directory has
> "CID " or "typ1" table. If one of them is found,
I believe it is "TYP1" and not "typ1"

> If "CID " or "TYP1" is found, the stream is seeked to the table
> and binary header is parsed (sorry, at present, sfnt-wrapped
> Type1 is not supported because I don't have the documents nor
> sample fonts).
I'll send you the two examples I've got, off list.

> Q3) Does anybody have a documentation on "Apple's GX Type1 font"?
>     Adobe TN#5180 tells that it was included in Apple Developers
>     CD-ROM.
I'd be interested in this too. I just parse the TYP1 table as a standard
type1 font, and it seems to work (in the two test cases I've got). This
format seems to permit a 'kern' table.