[ft-devel] Bytecode Hinting - Vertically Only?

From: Erik Hartenian
Subject: [ft-devel] Bytecode Hinting - Vertically Only?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 19:13:30 -0500 (CDT)

First off, let me state that I know very little about the freetype code, but my
question is pretty
general.

Let's say one was interested in modifying the BCI hinting algorithms to apply
the BCI hinting to only
horizontal stems, and using the normal autohinting on vertical stems.  In other
words, hinting
vertically based on BCI hints and horizontally not at all.

First, does this question even make sense, and if so, is this something simple,
such as changing a
macro, or is it a more in-depth code change?

Thank you in advance,
Erik