Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Next FreeType release
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 20:56:31 +0100 (CET)

> I've done:
>
> sh autogen.sh
>
> Is that the right procedure?

Have you checked the prerequisites as described in README.CVS?

> It reports:
>
> running `glibtoolize --force --copy --install'
> glibtoolize: unrecognized option `--install'
> Try `glibtoolize --help' for more information.
> error while running `glibtoolize --force --copy --install'
>
> Indeed, 'glibtoolize --help' does not mention any '--install'
> option.  I am on Mac OS X 10.5.6 and Xcode 3.1.1.

I suspect that your libtoolize script is too old.  The `--install'
option has been introduced in libtool version 2.2 (March 2008). Since
the configure script and its auxiliary files are distributed with the
final tarball I always use the newest versions of automake, autoconf,
and libtool, if necessary.

However, autogen.sh contains a function `check_too_version' to test
whether libtoolize (and Darwin's glibtoolize) version is too old.  Can
you please find out why this has failed for you?