Re: [ft-devel] Switching to Git ?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Switching to Git ?
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:25:43 +0100 (CET)

> long time no see :-)

Glad that you are still alive.

> I'd like to know if Werner and others are interested in switching the
> FreeType repository to git in the near future ?

Yes.  I will do a new release soon (there are very embarrasing errors
w.r.t. FT_Get_Advance which I'l fixing right now), then such a switch
would be nice.

We've discussed conversion to git earlier; you might look up the devel
archive for details.

> I'm currently maintaining my own git repo with git-cvsimport, which
> works pretty well, but would like the ability to directly talk to
> the main server that way.

Well, a direct import is trivial; however, it would be beneficial to
walk over, say, the last 1000 to 2000 commits so that all get a nice
one-line title.