Re: [ft-devel] Why my memory is not been freed?

From: Mickey Gabel
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Why my memory is not been freed?
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:38:57 +0200

Jun.Wang wrote:
Thanks very much for your kindly and carefully reply. I runs my programe on windows, I modified the FT_Done_FreeType, so I can
call it several times to report current memory.
With you reply, I know without FT_Done_FreeType there will be some memory
not be released.
If there any way to know the max memory size will be allocated by FreeType2?
I havn't enough heap,  I have to allocated a block of memory for freetype to
keep the heap enough for my others program. But without the max memory size,
I don't to how many size will be allocated. I just want to know the max
maximum memory footprint on my programe beginning
There is the record in the finally memory report, but it doesn't help to me.

Why not write a simple wrapper using FT_Memory that counts the memory allocated, and then calls malloc/free? You will have to initialize the faces and the library in a slightly different way, probably.