Re: [ft-devel] freetype compilation warnings

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype compilation warnings
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:09:50 -0500

On 1/12/10 11:09 AM, Sean McBride said:

>On 1/12/10 4:43 AM, David Bevan said:
>
>>All the proposed solutions assume that there is a (known) integer size
>>which matches the pointer size.
>
>There is: intptr_t.  But it's part of C99, which freetype can not require. :(
>
>>I would expect something like the following to work (though I don't have
>>a suitable compiler to hand to test).
>>
>>#define ALL_POINTS  (FT_UShort*)((FT_Byte*)(NULL) - 1);
>
>Clever!  I'll commit this to VTK and we'll see tomorrow.

Well, this silenced Visual Studio, but now another compiler on another
machine is complaining:

<http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?type=1&buildid=514717>

"warning #2061-D: integer operation result is out of range"

I think perhaps it would be better to change this code instead of being
'cleaver'.  Perhaps instead we could use a struct that contains a bool
and a pointer.  The bool could indicate this special ALL_POINTS state.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden