Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:43:28 -0400

>>>>> "WL" == Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

WL> What do you mean with `constant'?

Unchanged from the non-transformed case.

WL> The transformation takes place before the glyph gets rendered,
WL> and those flags are computed during the rasterization.

But per that my question is moot.

WL> Actually, the dropout algorithm with stubs is still not working in all
WL> cases; I simply can't comprehend the meaning of the specification ...
WL> The wording of the algorithm description has basically been taken
WL> without modifications from Apple's ancient TrueType specs –
WL> I suspect that it is intentionally fuzzy...

Ah, so you prefer aliased standards over anti-aliased, yes?  :^) ☺

Seriously, though, I would not be surprised even one bit to find that
they intentionally left it fuzzy.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6