Re: Generic data/callback (was Re: [ft-devel] Cache subsystem question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Generic data/callback (was Re: [ft-devel] Cache subsystem question
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 07:49:07 +0200 (CEST)

> Werner, may I suggest to enhance the synopsis section of FTC
> documentation.  cited from FTC documentation:
>
> "Second, the cache calls, only when needed, a client-provided
> function to convert a FTC_FaceID into a new FT_Face object. The
> latter is then completely managed by the cache, including its
> termination through FT_Done_Face."
>
> Maybe this can be extended by:
>
> To monitor termination of face objects, the finalizer callback in
> FTC_Face generic can be used. In addition you might use generic data
> to store the FTC_FaceID of the face.

It's now this:

   Second, the cache calls, only when needed, a client-provided function
   to convert an @FTC_FaceID into a new @FT_Face object.  The latter is
   then completely managed by the cache, including its termination
   through @FT_Done_Face.  To monitor termination of face objects, the
   finalizer callback in the `generic' field of the @FT_Face object can
   be used, which might also be used to store the @FTC_FaceID of the
   face.