Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install

From: vernon adams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint: How to install
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:58:24 +0100

FYI i had noticed a possible issue with the sizing in relation to the 'fpgm' on
all tffautohint generated fonts. When i check them in 'OTMaster', the
'maxSizeOfInstructions' is flagged up by OTMaster as in need of fixing, e.g.
the ttfautohint version of Ubuntu Font gives a size of 1013; that OTMaster
autocorrects to 2636 to match the fpgm. Not sure how relevant that could be, as
correcting/not correcting this seemed to not effect the fonts' render
performance at all.

I tested the dummy font. It actually didn't render at all under DirectWrite
(FFox5) !?, but did under GDI, see shot below;

TIFF image