Re: [ft-devel] porting Freetype to VxWorks RTOS

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] porting Freetype to VxWorks RTOS
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 21:58:56 +0900

Hi,

Some people had ever asked for the help to port FreeType
to VxWorks RTOS, but it seems that no FreeType developers
who have both of sufficient time & officially licensed
developer tools....

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 17:11:12 +0530
Vipin Ritsoft Technologies <address@hidden> wrote:
>I have been assigned the job to port Free Type on VxWorks RTOS. I have gone
>through some documentations and online material available for porting.
>However it is not clear to me if I really need to compile all the files and
>different sub directory of src directory or is there a minimum set and
>include other files for specific features only.

Before trying to the subset FreeType2 for your purpose,
could you find the way to build whole of FreeType2 for
your target?

>Is there any document that specifies what source files are must and what are
>optional ?

Please check the comments written in modules.cfg.
The modules.cfg is the configuration file for the developers
on Unix with command line, but it will inform which
source code directory is designed for which purpose,
and the dependency of them.

>Please note that compiling for VxWorks is not same as for unix like system
>so I need to know the details.

The developers who can write a tutorial for VxWorks
developers (how to build FreeType2) will be highly
appreciated, I'm sure!

Regards,
mpsuzuki