Re: [ft-devel] freetype, undefined behaviour, and clang

From: İsmail Dönmez
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype, undefined behaviour, and clang
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:46:17 +0100

Hi;

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM, suzuki toshiya <address@hidden> wrote:
İsmail Dönmez wrote:
I built gcc-4.6.1 and clang/llvm-2.9 by myself. It can make working
binary for the simplest programs, like hello-world, but "apinames"
built with "-ftrapv" by my clang aborts with "Illegal instruction" error.
It seems that I have to learn more to make usable clang by myself...

llvm 3.0rc4 has the necessary fixes for this, you should test it.

Thanks! Should I wait for official release of LLVM 3.0?

Not really, rc4 should be nearly the same as final release.

Regards,
ismail